Guest Post: Kendra at Ismikendra

| Filed under

Hello there! I'm Kendra, and I'm excited to be doing a guest post for Anna Katherine! I'm honored to be adding a few of my thoughts to her awesome blog. *wink* 


Well, I'm a thirteen-year-old Christian missionary girl who lives in Egypt. I kinda posted this Christmas on my blog already, but they were both Christmas related. 


I need to stop rambling. This is on somebody else's blog. :-o 
 




I'm sure everyone is excited about Christmas. Who wouldn't be? It seems as if this year I'm not as excited as I was the last year. Maybe it's because I'm getting older? I mean, Christmas is just one of the 365 days of the year. But it's special. Jesus came down to us, as a tiny little baby. Maybe not on December 25th [we don't know the exact date], but that is the day we celebrate Christmas. 

A few of the other reasons why I'm not as excited about Christmas are these: I'm not going to be seeing my extended family. There won't be any snow. We probably won't get any presents [we didn't have enough room to pack much].  We don't have Christmas decorations. There really aren't any other people in Egypt that celebrate Christmas. 

Being a missionary kid is hard sometimes.  You may be feeling sorry for me right now. Don't. Because what is Christmas really about? 

C H R I S T. 

It's not about seeing your family, it's not about snow, it's not about getting more earthly stuff, it's not about Christmas trees, candles, and lights. 

When you're sitting around the fire drinking hot chocolate, laughing with family, and opening presents, remember that's about Jesus, coming into the world as a baby and dying for you. 

But -- don't get me wrong! It's not like you can't have fun on Christmas! *wink* Don't get too caught up in all the jolly fun though. 

What is your favorite part of Christmas? 

Oh, and if you'd like to stop by my blog you can do so here: 



Hope you have an awesome day!

Kendra Lynne

Designed by Anna Katherine. (c) 2012. Powered by Blogger.